USDA or Rural Housing Loans
USDA loans are made on properties within a qualifying rural area. Applicants with very low to moderate incomes can qualify for these loans, but still able to afford the housing payments, including the principal, interest, and insurance that are part of the monthly payment amount.
Other benefits of a USDA loan include:
- Affordable to those with lower incomes and good credit histories.
- No required down payment.
- New Manufactured homes are acceptable as long as conditions are met.
- Available in 30-year or 15-year fixed rates.
- Closing costs and lender fees can be rolled into the loan.
- Renovation and Repair costs can be rolled into the loan amount.
The property doesn't have to be a farm or open land to qualify for this type of loan. It just has to be in a qualifying area.
For a full list of Government Home Loan Programs and their qualifications, please click here.